Nutella Cheesecake Bar
Two of my favorite foods are Nutella and cheesecake so what could be more magical than a Nutella Cheesecake Bar?
(Yes, I consider Nutella a ‘food’. I think if you can eat something plain and all by itself then it is a ‘food’.)
One thing I like about this Nutella Cheesecake Bar recipe, other than the fact it has cheesecake AND Nutella, is how easy it is to make. Plus there are not a lot of tools involved. A couple of bowls, a baking dish, and a food processor. Another thing is that you can make it in advance and freeze it. I like to have things like this ready to go for those last minute party invitations.
So let’s get to it:
Nutella Cheesecake Bar
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Butter an 8X8 baking dish and line with parchment paper, making sure the parchment is pressed into the corners and over hanging the sides. Set aside. (Use the method discussed here.)
3) In a food processor, pulse the Oreos until they become crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse just until moistened.
PRO-TIP: You can buy Oreo cookie crumbs but they do not include the sweet center filling. Throwing the entire cookie into the food processor adds extra binding strength from the center filling. Your call.
4) Press the Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake the Oreo crust until set, about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
5) In a clean food processor, add cream cheese, eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and vanilla. Pulse until smooth.
6) Set 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture aside in a bowl.
7) Add Nutella and 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream to the remaining 1/3 cream cheese mixture in the processor. Pulse until smooth.
8) Spread the plain cheesecake mixture over the cooled Oreo crust, being careful not to disturb the crust.
9) Pour the Nutella cheesecake layer on top of the plain cheesecake layer and spread evenly.
10) Bake on the center rack of the oven for approximately 35 minutes, or until the center jiggles slightly. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
11) Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
12) Lift the Nutella Cheesecake Bar out of the pan by lifting up the parchment paper. Cut into 16 squares.
So what do you think? Not too shabby right? Let me know in the comments what you think about this recipe and the Nutella Cheesecake Bar.
To purchase any of the items required for this or any recipe here at Wild Side Confections, simply visit our store by clicking here.