No-Bake Nabisco Graham Cracker Eclair
I stumbled across a recipe called No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Dessert and it seemed interesting. Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I remembered eating something like it before but I just could not be certain so I figured, what the heck, let’s try it. The kiddies are sure to love it. Or in my case, I will be taking them to the corporate offices of a company I can not name though they deal with solar power…in the city. But anyway…
I put on my favorite Guns N’ Roses album and got to work. As I was reading the recipe list I noticed it was calling for pudding and whipped cream, both of which I have written about before. Both are easy enough to make but I thought it would be fun to just do the recipe exactly as it was written. No point in breaking all the rules right?
Although, I might just change it up a bit and change the name of it. Like a cover song right?
(Read on to see how else I couldn’t help myself and deviated from the original recipe.)
With that, I give you: No-Bake Nabisco Graham Cracker Eclair
2 (3.4 ounce) boxes Jell-O Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, French Vanilla
3 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip whipped cream
Nabisco Honey Maid, Honey Graham Crackers, 14.4 ounce box
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
For the filling:
1) Place a layer of Nabisco Honey Maid, Honey Graham Crackers in the bottom of a 9×13″ dish.
2) Combine pudding mix pudding mix and milk and whisk. Fold in Cool Whip.
3) Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the graham cracker and level with your small offset spatula.
4) Repeat with another layer of Nabisco graham crackers and pudding; then top with a final layer of graham crackers.
(To be clear, we now have three layers of Nabisco graham cracker and two layers of pudding.)
For the topping:
3. Slowly bring cocoa, milk, and sugar to a full rolling boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted.
4. Pour chocolate topping over the top layer of graham crackers.
It should level itself out for something like this:
5. Refrigerate over night.
And as promised, I did change things up a bit because…
…sprinkles are for WINNERS!
Did you like this one? If so please share it with your friends using the social media buttons and leave a comment. I love fan mail.